Thursday, November 26, 2009

BUSY DAYS, PEOPLE & GIVING THANKS

After my trip to the Zoo I was quite beat. I used the rest of the week to catch my breath and rest. Last week I saw so many people! On Monday the new speech therapist Jamie and my old friend Tracy passed by for an assessment. Jamie got the complete recap about who I am and how is it that I’ve beat the odds so far. It was a happy evening! On Tuesday 17 I went to take a hearing test. My pediatrician wanted to make sure that I hear well… and well… I do. The trip was quick and uneventful. On Wednesday 18 there was an overload of people coming into the house. Well, mostly to see Mommy, but still… I haven’t see so many people since Thanksgiving two years ago!

On Thursday19, PT Ellen and OTMaya passed by for a brisk session. RTPeter passed by as well, with a newbie that was in training. They changed one of my ventilators and took the bad small battery backup for replacement. Finally, in the late afternoon, we got a gift basket from CPNJ, a whole Thanksgiving meal in-two-bags. Now, cooking that turkey with just a microwave will be an interesting task… Let’s see how creative can Mommy and Daddy get. On Friday 20, DTPat visited for a session of colors and shapes.. Yup, last week there was something going on every day!

During the weekend things were slowly brewing. On Sunday we heard some sounds outside and turned out that two people who were just walking by got shot! That was scary! Mommy was all nerves. On Monday, NurseMashaela could not come at all as she spent the day in the hospital thanks to an accident she had at home! I was so worried about her! I missed her so much, she is so silly… I get on her nerves sometimes, but hey… it’s just me being divalicious! She knows I love her so, and I hope she gets well soon. Not being able to breathe well is NOT funny (and believe me, I know about lung problems)!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I expect the big dress-up, pictures and food day to be great! I heard that the turkey got bathed in vinegar, and seasoned to Mommy’s taste. NursePeronnette will take care of baking it (thank God!). That one is spoiling us rotten with donuts and cheesecake! Well… mostly Mommy and Daddy, I get spoiled feeds and excellent spa baths!

On Friday I’ll get my second Flu shot along with the Synagis. And I better rest well this weekend as next week there is a kick start with the long voyage to Helen Hayes on Monday, and then to see some whales sometime during the week (if all my nurses get well). The adventures never stop… For being a quiet simple little girl I always have so many things going on around me! I live drama!
And that’s exactly how it all happened… Pretty much.

GOD: Thank You for all the blessings that I receive every single day. Thank You for taking care of me, and bringing close to me people that cares so much! Thank You for giving me more than I need, for allowing me to stay healthy and come back really fast from scary moments. Thank You for Mommy and Daddy, and my Grannies and GreatGranny, and Godparents and Nurses, and Therapists and Friends! Allow me to be an instrument of your peace, allow me to bring to the world testimony of the big miracles You do every day. Guide my life, keep me in Your hands. I ask You to take care of so many that are sick! Grant Your healing touch so many stop suffering. May Your LOVE fill every heart of whoever needs someone... Protect the homeless, protect so many kids that are abandoned, and so many who are hungry… I pray to You for all who need You, and for all who need to get to know You… May the world discover that love is the way, and You are love.
Amen.

~

1 comment:

Mary said...

LOVE all the new pics! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!