Thursday, August 14, 2014

Deedee's 7th Birthday!

 
HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY, DEEDEE
 
On the 17th of August we celebrate the most important day in our life: Your birth! You changed our lives forever, for the better. This year we celebrate you with the lights from Tangled. We know that you are free, and that you are in a better place doing all things that you could not do here on Earth...
 
Still, we send out to you these bright lanterns as they resemble the warm loving thoughts we keep for you... and the deep desire of having you with us...
 
It is a bit opposite... it is us who must find the path towards you... but be certain that soon enough we will all be together. And then we will all be home.
 
I had the privilege of getting to know you... You had many dreams. You had a beauty that the world was not ready for... So young, yet so wise. I am happy you no longer need machines to do anything for you, and that you no longer need anyone's understanding as you are beyond those terms... You were ahead of your time. It must have been frustrating... to say the least... yet you never stopped believing and dreaming. Your thirst for life went on to the end and beyond.
 
No more shells... You are unleashed. We don't understand but we know that you still have much to do... Your work is not done. You are still to do much through us.
 
Keep on bringing meaning to our lives... You are our greatest love, our greatest inspiration.
 
Keep on being our shining star, we see the light... through you.
 
We remember you...
 
We miss you.
 
    
 
All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be
And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you
 
Happy birthday, my sweet little diva, our guardian angel. May we have courage to make your dreams come true.
 
Love always,
Mommy

1 comment:

Sue O said...

Thinking of you all and sending Happy Birthday wishes to DeeDee in Heaven!