Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Getting Ready for my 4th Birthday!



This year the theme is Veggie Tales Pirates & Princesses. We won't be able to try telecommuting with PR, but we will get our main people by phone so they sing to me!

If you want to, send me video birthday wishes to my direct personal email:

deirdremedina@ymail.com

I want to actually see you all! I'm looking forward to seeing & enjoying your videos!

I am very blessed, and I know it. I recall that when I was 4 months old the doctors told Mommy & Daddy that I would not make it. But they did not give up hope, and they did everything they could to save my life. Many people helped, too, with so many sincere prayers! And guess what? Miracles happen all the time, you just have to really believe and keep a keen eye... Here I am, four years later!

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.Philippians 4:13

I know how SMA makes things difficult for me, but I keep on fighting because difficult does not mean impossible! I can do EVERYTHING in a different way. I will go on, fighting one day at a time. I know odds are against me, as I am one of those precious exceptions... but I don't want to become an SMA angel. I still have much to share with the world, much to create, much to learn, and much to teach to people too. I trust God will keep on acting through me, and that I will get to reach out to all those whom I can help.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths
of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Psalm 23


And this year I also have a special treat: My Godfather flew from Florida to see me! Now, is he the epitome of awesomeness or what? I know he's preparing something out there in the living room... I hear he's helping Mommy. And NurseMashaela brought over a lady to do my hair! Wow! I'm getting all glammed up! I can't wait until tomorrow!

This year EVERYTHING have been very special. The kids at camp floored me with their kindness. It's like my celebration is going to continue for more than a week! God has been too kind to me. I am so humbled! And so happy!

~

No comments: