Saturday, December 22, 2007

Another day

I write in the morning because at night I'm too tired to think about anything. Being sick and handling 2 hospitals ain't easy... But I must keep this log of Deedee's wherabouts, because I promised so even before she went out of my womb. I was to write everything important... So she would remember, and know how much we love her...

FRIDAY

During the morning Deedee was a bit out, drowsy by the sedative. They have found more liquid in and around her lungs and were preparing everything for attaching a third tube in her chest. She already had a new wire in her head, to receive medications and the like… And the wire on the nose was back.The Mage commented that she looked like a Borg... I had to laugh... Funny, but not funny at the same time. Gotta keep the spirits up...

As I returned for the second visit (this time alone, the Mage had to go to work to fill out paperwork so he keeps it), Deedee was quite awake and crying. They took a blood test, which was not easy to digest… And then she calmed down as I tried singing to her. My voice is not that good because I have to wear a mask (I already have all the effects of sickness…) so I started telling her the tale of my first character, Blaze Darkstream. She fall asleep as I began telling her of the Rock of Bral… It figures… I guess anything without bright colors or food is really boring to her. So I just looked at her sleeping face, which managed to stay so calm and lovely under so many wires…

The surgeon arrived for the small procedure, and they made me wait outside before the visiting time was over. Since time kept passing by, I knew they would not say anything until the next visit, so managed to drag myself out of the hospital to wait and meet the Mage for mandatory dinner.

Back at night, Deedee was wide awake, looking at me with a “Why you are so scared, mommy?” look. She had the third chest tube attached, but still her little hands managed a strong grip on our fingers. We sang her favorites, so she finally surrendered to Morpheus…

So, she is still holding on, still stable under her delicate condition. We pray she stays that way a bit longer, so her lungs heal and seal, so she can breathe on her own again.

We’ll head to hospital right now… A new day, a new hope.

10-4

No comments: