Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My B-DAY... IN JUST 5 MORE DAYS!


There has been drama, suspense, horror, comedy… You name it! This last week left me beat! Before saying anything else: JUST 5 more days until my BIRTHDAY! YAY!

MONDAY 4 PICTURES ANYONE?Today I got the nice notice from the Little Heroes Project that I am to have a professional photo session soon! I am so happy! I will FINALLY get to have a professional photo of me to put in my modeling portfolio! Tyra will definitively have to watch out!


TUESDAY 5 NOWHERE TO RUNTherapist Pat couldn’t make it, so I was sad. I really like whenever she shows up. She is fun and caring. Not that I didn’t get my exercises, oh, no! A diva needs to stay in good shape! Although lately Mommy is mumbling something about an AA diet that she will make me try… Diet… Can you believe it? Diet! Is she saying that I’m fat?


WEDNESDAY 6 THERAPY!Therapist Ellen arrived today, so life was interesting for a while. I tried using the wedge to sit but that effort failed… My saturation went down really fast. I will keep trying. I shall not surrender to gravity! Calls were made and the guy that should make my splints should appear next week. We’ll see… I need my foot splints! I don’t fit in my old ones from Sa Juan’s hospital. I’m getting the exercises, but the foot drop is evident. It’s been more than a month without them by now! I hope they hurry… Gotta keep my diva movements! Imagine choreography without me!


THURSDAY 7 WEBCAM FEVER & WRESTLINGMommy is scheming something… I smell it! Today we got a package and it turns out it is a small one-eyed alien that keeps stalking me! I think it is a device sent by stalker baby to follow my every step! I hear a talk about something that will happen soon… some sort of secret gathering… Something about God-mommy and god-daddy seeing me… Hmmm… Oh, I cannot stand the mystery!!!! Nurse Ruth told Mommy about her getting another job so this would be her last week with us. Mommy didn’t expect that, neither did I! I was shocked! Then the new nurse passed by in the afternoon… What an impression! Ruth and Kim started arguing about their nursing experience and I got really scared! Mommy thought that special weapons would appear, but no… A truce and off went both. Wow! I recalled the excitement of GLOW! (Oh, wait… I was not even born yet… Never mind!).


FRIDAY 8 GOODBYE to RUTH
Daddy had many appointments today. He’s trying to get help for rent but so far that has been a quest in itself. The bad news included that Nurse Ruth won’t be back. She found a stable job, so you know how it is, when opportunity knocks you gotta answer! It made me and mommy sad. We really liked having Nurse Ruth around. We wish the best to her. Mommy had to work hard for a project she had to turn in before midnight. Of course, she made it. I’m always so proud of her! Always there for me, and always there for her classes. And also for scrapbooking, too! Talk about time management! I hoe I get to have a brain like hers… Well, I do have its size! LOL Nurse Ruby passed by a bit late. There was a thunderstorm, rain… you name it. But the night went fast. Daddy played on the TV, Ruby played with me and my colored-coded bags, and Mommy worked in the computer. I finally went to bed at 11pm. I slept right away!


SATURDAY 9 HAPPY FEETThe day was sweet! Just Mommy and Daddy and Me!!! Not that I don’t like the service and the attention, BUT we do need some privacy, you know? Just the three of us! Oh, yes, that’s how life should be! We watched Happy Feet, one of Daddy’s favorite movies. And we rolled all over the apartment. It was a nice day that went too fast.


SUNDAY 10 BREEZING with CORPSE BRIDENo nurse appeared for the day, so we all gathered again for a nice family evening. This time, the movie was Corpse Bride. Mommy thought I would be a bit scared… Hah! Me? Scared? I will probably end up playing with spiders as she runs away from them! I am fearless! And I loved the movie! So much color! And the songs! I’m totally hooked on those characters! Yup, watched all the special features too!


MONDAY 11 NEWBIE: KIMNurse Kim started out the day. Daddy gave her the basic talk as he got ready for college. Then Mommy kept on with the briefing. The day went quite fast. Nurse Ericka arrived in the evening, almost at the same time that Daddy arrived. Mommy was not feeling well, so she went to dwell into her cave. Daddy made the necessary taxi-ambulance appointments for next Mondays as I have a date with the nutritionist and then a date with my pediatrician. He also got me a date with DrBach in October. For the rest of the night Daddy and Ericka made me laugh, serviced me, and then gave me my therapy. Since it was late my bath was postponed. I didn’t mind, I fall asleep so fast! But when Mommy woke up and checked me up… Oh! Daddy found trouble!


TUESDAY 12 THERAPY and STAR WARS Nurse Kim arrived, Daddy whined a bit, and then I woke up around 10am. Mommy found me without the mask, playing with my mobile, and my hands on the restrainers. She was really surprised, as so far no other nurse had dared to do so. But it was a nice surprise, as FINALLY someone was doing what was supposed to be doing in the first place. Most overlook the range of motion, PT, OT part of my exercises… Most forget my exercises, period! Sitting still looking pretty should not be the way… Oh, I hope this keeps on happening. This is very good for me! And gives a break to Mommy, doing that everyday can get a bit taxing, I know… Mommyslave is diligent… She deserves the break, for now. Today I was watching “food for the brain”. Ugh! Yup, Mommy caught my whining about it on video… At least they were showing Star Wars at night. Awwww… Chuby! I really like Chuby! He is so comfy!


So many things to be grateful for! Almost a whole year! So many thought I wouldn't make it! I prove them wrong! God listens to every prayer. He certainly listened to all who love me, both friends and strangers, family and unknowns... So many pray for me daily! I am blessed. I have so much good vibes all around, all the time! My smile and my eyes tells everyone just how much I enjoy being alive, how much I love life! I thank God each night for so many good things that happens to me everyday! People come and go...they are never the same. I touch them, and through me He touches them. I thank God every morning, for He allows me to open my eyes and behold the loving site of my Daddy, or my Mommy... And He lets me feel the warmth of the sun, and see and learn so many wonders! He watches my sleep, never leaving my side. He holds me when its dark and I'm afraid. Through me He brings hope to so many! Thanks you so much, God, for such a lovely life! Thank you for bringing me happiness, and so much love!

10-4

No comments: