Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sensor Switch Tests

For some months I've been using a Sensor Switch that my friends from the Technology Lending Center lend me. I have a MicroSwitch, but it is getting very difficult to use it. Ever since my last hospital stay back in February 2009 I lost plenty of strenght, so pressing anything has become quite an ordeal. My old assistive technology therapist wanted me to try the proximity switch and the sensor switch... So far I've only been able to test the sensor switch. It has been more successful than the MicroLight, although it is a problem to set it up right. After that is done, then it works most of the time.

One of my favorite toys is Buzz's Bubblemaker. Here is a picture of me using a sensor switch to activate it:


My main problem is always how to position the sensor so I can activate it with ease... It was the same story with the MicroLight switch that I have... What to do, what to do...

I also use the switch when I'm in my wheelchair or in my stander. Here's a picture of me using the Sensor Switch while I'm in my stander. You can see me using the sensor switch while playing an alphabet game.:




I was actually doing good today, my numbers were high and I played for a while with the switch. Afterwards I got my reward, a movie of course!

Here's a video of my stander session using the Sensor switch to play in the computer:



Here's a video of me playing with my Buzz Lightyear Bubblemaker using the sensor switch:



Hope you enjoyed this! :) Nothing like live-action Diva!

~

No comments: