Sunday, October 7, 2012

Variety's Night at the Aquarium


On Friday night I went to a special gathering at the Adventure Aquarium, hosted by the Variety for Children's organization! This was something different as I never go out at night... Last week it was my first time being out and about like that... This week was my second time. I just love I don't have to wear shades, nothing bothers my eyes and everything looks so alive and colorful!


The journey was a bit annoying... There was traffic and people are so rude! But there were no incidents, and I just enjoyed looking outside and watching how everything flows.


My sis behaved, so at least my ears had no trauma. We arrived a bit late, but we were quite relieved that we were not the only ones. We had never seen that river at night, and it was all a gorgeous sight.


We went in and soon we found ourselves in front of the big screen-tank! I just love watching the sharks and the manta rays... and the giant turtles!


This time as I passed by the giant jaws of the ancient shark Mommy mentioned if they existed right now this one could swallow me whole! Yup, as you can tell by my eyes, that caused an impression! Not nice. Hmmph!


The hammerhead shark was dancing all around. I really like how swift it is. A giant school of fishies kept following its path.


We passed by a caiman that stood very still... but I noticed how its eyes were looking everywhere, moving very slowly. Somehow that struck me as scary... no one would know it is alive if they could not watch the eyes... And I get the feeling it bites...


The new kiddie section was very colorful and fun. My sis had a blast meeting the new characters.


I was quite impressed by this trio of frogs... especially since the sticky stuff from their skin has properties that may cure cancer. Cool stuff!


Of all schools I really enjoyed staring at the tetras... Their blue lightning in their sides makes them mesmerizing! I asked Mommy for an aquarium filled with them. Maybe they could live with Tuck?


Here's a better view of the blue tetras...


This fishtank had many anemonies and stuff... The fishes were swimming higher, but the colorful settlements were quite a sight. For some reason it all looks blue... but in person there was yellow, orange and green too.


Interesting poisonous fishies...


And a very blue lobster!


This time I touched three different types of starfish...


The 1st one was a purple squishy one... I did not like it.


The 2nd one was an orange one, which actually moved its limb as I touched it! I loved this one! That was so unexpected!


The 3rd one was very squishy and looked very dull. I did not like it. I am not a fan of squishy.


The kiddie area has some domes inside the fishtanks so the kids go inside... And of course, there went Mommy...


My sis also followed her lead, so there you have them both, in the dome, inside the fish tank...


My sis got really hipper because of all the play stations around! Mommy had to chase her and finally managed to pin her to the floor... Of course, for sis everything is a game...


Now she's grown quite fond of elevators (she used to be scared of them).


I just chill and observe everything.


These two fishies are enormous! And in the end it seemed as they kissed. Awww... Kodak moment...


We rolled over to the section where the hippos are... but this time they were a bot sleepy and did not move much. So we went on to the Kules Verne section... The jellyfish are as enchanting as ever! Now, Mommy would like a jellyfish tank, but she has to wait in line (I asked for the tetras first, ha!)

I think my sis was enjoying the seahorses in here...


And in here she was enjoying the ocean fairies...


By the time we reached the store (after going through the shark tank), I gave in and took a short nap. I always nap here... Of course, I would not miss the important stuff!


On our way out we enjoyed the river at night... Wow! I can't imagine how it must look during Christmas!


Mommy and Daddy had some ice cream...


My sis devoured what Mommy gave her. Seems we share the same taste for mint chocolate! I had a bit... I can't swallow but Mommy makes sure I taste everything "pa'que no me cuenten".


Finally, we spent some time in the small fountain plaza... I loved this! Colors and water... that is my thing. I love the sound and the feeling of peace... What a perfect night!


I feel so special and so blessed, being able to experience all these things! I am glad that Variety allowed me to be part of this special event. It rocked! I met new people, and shared new experiences and old anecdotes about who I am and all I have endured... as well as I got to know a bit more about other kids that struggle with other illnesses besides SMA. Each day I am more and more grateful of how God has taken care of my needs, and how He constantly show me that indeed this is a wonderful world with much hope. 

No comments: