Sunday, April 17, 2022

HAPPY EASTER 2022


Oh my! I just came to reminisce, and realized I had not posted anything since Deedee's birthday in 2020. For the record, we did celebrate (we always do) but 2021 was quite eventful and went away in a blink. The last thing I was paying attention to was posting anything in my blogs. 

 

2021 was brutal. Auntie Gladys passed away in June 05, 2021 after falling in the hospital December 2020 and facing Alzeheimer... I travelled to Puerto Rico to take care of her at the hospital. Against all odds I made her well enough to be taken home. I was there until mid February, when I decided to bring her with us so I could keep on working and taking care of her. She got better and then in May she started a decline that ended in June 5th. She passed away with a smile in her face.  

During the first week of August we went to Puerto Rico to take my aunt's ashes to her tomb. 




During the last week of July I had an eye floaters attack, so I could not see well with my right eye.  So... coming back, we celebrated Deedee and I started my eye doctor journey... I had 2 laser treatments to get rid off the styes. After doing the second one in November, I got ill and the coughing created a hemorraghe that displaced my retina. So... from November I have been wearing and eye patch because I could not see with my right eye.

In January 2022 I had surgery. Weeks later, during March, I was sent to the ophtalmologist who told me the eye wont get better, if it does it will take some time...   So now I can see but cannot read because of a big distortion in my sight. Only time will tell if it will get better...


Deedee's aunt, my sister Ednita, passed away in March, because of throat/tongue cancer and Covid complications. She would have been 45 in April 13th. My own birthday was in April 8th, and quite bittersweet. But I am grateful about what I have, and the future ahead. Just... keep swimming. 

Today we celebrate Easter. Deedee used to love this date. I am glad I came here to check on her pictures. I am sorry that I have been away for a bit, but life has taken us back to the future and beyond.


Please celebrate this day in family, hold each other tight and remember that HE HAS RISEN! We keep faith in a future where we all will be together again.

10-4

No comments: